Gilmer Offy display model

Post all your 1/4 scale items for sale or trade here.
Bobby Dodger
1/4 scale guru

Gilmer Offy display model

Post by Bobby Dodger »

Hello guys, I’ve been away from Quarterscale for a few years, glad to see things carrying on here. While my appreciation for the cars and skills has not diminished, my time to spend on it has, and I have decided it’s time to let someone else enjoy this Gilmer midget. You may have seen it before.

I bought the car in 2012 directly from Jan, who built it as a “house car”, an example he or Preston would keep – but as we know, time moves on and things change. It is a static display model (#6 in Gilmer Midget Offy series). It’s pictured with BRP wheels and tires, and I believe the hubs and knockoffs came from Ed Berube (but they could be Skellenger). It will also include the original Gilmer wheels, tires and hubs that it came with; other than the wheel/hub swap, the car is as it came from Jan, with Offy display engine, in-and-out box, driveshaft, steering gear & arm, radiator, Goodyear rubber, steering wheel, and could easily be returned to original config.

Slideshow on Smugmug: https://bobbydodger.smugmug.com/Gilmer- ... /i-DRbPX5M
I paid $5,000 for the car, and that’s what I’d like to get for it, including the extra wheels and hubs. I can supply the original invoice and shipping label. I thought I should offer it here first. It is in as new condition, except for a little dust. Located in NC, can pack and ship.
Bobby Dodger
1/4 scale guru

Re: Gilmer Offy display model

Post by Bobby Dodger »

Some people have reported difficulty seeing the photos on Smugmug. Here is a different link to them that may work better for you: https://bobbydodger.smugmug.com/Gilmer-House-Car/

I would be happy to email photos to interested parties, but the file size is large.
Kaye
1/4 scale GOD

Post by Kaye »

It's a beautiful model car!
Bobby Dodger
1/4 scale guru

Post by Bobby Dodger »

Anybody interested? Make me an offer!
Bobby Dodger
1/4 scale guru