1/4 Scale Dragster

Post all your 1/4 scale items for sale or trade here.
jobenz

1/4 Scale Dragster

Post by jobenz »

Morning Everyone, i need some information on the value of a 1/4 scale dragster. My uncle who has passed away left me his 1/4 scale dragster project. I was told by my local hobby shop that it is was probally made by Pacesetter. I do not have the time to finish getting it operational and being from Connecticut have no room to actually run it. I would like to sell it but i do not knoq where to start. Just saw a beautiful Pacesetter on Ebay for $4500..............Anyone having any knowledge about what i should be asking for it would be greatly appreciated. My cell is 203-215-1564.
Thanks, joe
bentley marshall
1/4 scale guru

Re: 1/4 Scale Dragster

Post by bentley marshall »

best you show some pics of it ...price all depends on what it is and the condition its in
jobenz

Post by jobenz »

Will get pics up over the weekend.
NYCdragRacer
1/4 scale guru

Post by NYCdragRacer »

FuNkY mOnK wrote:The one that's on ebay belongs to nycdragracer and is a member here, that dragster on ebay is not an ordinary pacesetter dragster in fact I don't understand why it's even called a pacesetter? I think this is the one that was totally custom built by Bob.S, either way it has tons of custom made and modified parts so you really can't put yours and this one in the same league price wise. But then again there's an a ss for every seat.

Emilio, the reason it's called a Pacesetter is because the chassis in raw form is exactly that.
Also just to clarify Bob bought out most of the Pacesetter new old stock from Mike K over the years.
I do believe only thing actually different is my chassis was made as a 2 piece frame.

Jobenz I think your best way of determining what you have is to post the pictures on here, most of the guys on here are very knowledgeable in the hobby, but also remember your swimming in shark infested waters, so think twice before you jump on the first offer.
Good Luck.

I would like to apologist to my Uncle Billy for hijacking the thread.
Ciao
oldguy

Post by oldguy »

HI I'm looking for one when you get the picks up we can talk but like it was said I would not take your first offer lol and do not get your hopes up on the $4000 thing. get some prices from poeple on here and see what you get.
Rick
jobenz

Post by jobenz »

Afternoon everyone, just uploaded 16 pics of my pacesetter? dragster and I cannot find them on my post. So if you would like to see it, please email me at jobenz@yahoo.com.............
Thanks, Joe
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

email pics and i will post. mike@quarterscalelegends.com
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

Here are the pics!

Very, very, very nice car. It has all the right stuff. This was one of the newer pacesetter models made by MK Pacesetter when it moved back east. Newer (RARE) front A arms. Worm gear rear with side cups!! Solo engine with 2 stage clutch.
Attachments
1.jpg
2.jpg
4.jpg
7.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
15.jpg
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
jobenz

Post by jobenz »

Thanks for posting the pics Mike and the info on the rear end, front a-arms, clutch etc. Lets see if anyone is really interested...............
Joe
QAman
1/4 scale guru

Post by QAman »

Joe, what is the asking price for the rail?