Legacy Member

Re: Rare photos not seen on the forum before

Post by Lovedr »

the photo(s) arent up anymore
a187lbird
1/4 scale guru

Post by a187lbird »

I really wish I was able to see what picture was there... Now all I see is a white box and big denying red X inside... :o
Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together.
a187lbird
1/4 scale guru

Post by a187lbird »

Sorry if I hit a nerve Dan, it wasn't my intention to stir any pot I was just having fun and talking crap.

As for pictures I have taken a few new photos of my WCM GN but I haven't uploaded them yet because when I get home I am taking care of kids and then once they are in bed I work on the car, but soon I will be uploading everything into my projects in progress post.

:oops:
Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together.
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

I understand your frustration. That is the main reason I cut back so much on this hobby and stepped back. It seemed like I was the only one posting "scores" everyone else either hid them or tried to keep it secret for some reason. Then I started to get emails that I am hogging everything and why don't I sell it and I am greedy for having all that stuff. Same thing with LRU, I was losing money on every transaction. Yet I would still get people complaining that the seams were bad on bodies or there were gel coat imperfections due to cracks in the original 20+ year old molds. Even though I disclosed this information, I still had people upset which led to me paying for shipping back to my door and returning their money. Add the original cost of tooling and I figure I lost over 50k on that LRU adventure.

When I was Hot and heavy into QSL, I was getting a LOT of emails every day. I was emailing pics, giving out info, scanning stuff, giving away free parts, etc.

The truth of the matter, is sadly that in this hobby there are much more takers then givers.

A great example is the full size car guys. I have been building a cobra and Daytona coupe. I posted on a thread the list of stuff we still need to buy for the coupe. Someone drove to our house and gave us all the fuel components for free. About $800 worth and brand new in the box. We tried to pay but they refused. They just asked that if someone needed something on the forum and we had it, to pass it on. (which we do all the time anyway!) You can also post a question with that group about a problem you are having and you will get 5 guys going into their garage, taking pics and posting them with dimensions within an hour...
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
jayhurrikane
1/4 scale GOD

Post by jayhurrikane »

pics of delara, and wat came wit it
Attachments
delara6.JPG
delara4.JPG
delara3.JPG
delara2.JPG
delara1.JPG
delara wings.JPG
delara wings 2.JPG
delara.JPG
iggmon72
1/4 scale guru

Post by iggmon72 »

That was a great buy... Lots of goodies with it.... You keeping the same color scheme?
jayhurrikane
1/4 scale GOD

Post by jayhurrikane »

yes for now, let see how it cleans up first! its goin next to the delara supermodified!!
jayhurrikane
1/4 scale GOD

Post by jayhurrikane »

hey i have a wcm 34 body that i have restored! bertsboats car! that body will be available dtw interested? would look really nice on that chassis and engine! goin another route with that project
jayhurrikane
1/4 scale GOD

Post by jayhurrikane »

hey a good old boy let me have this! :?: no not for free! finishing it off! body is like dtws! delara knockoffs are not in pic but there, skellenger front axle is new , torsion arms etc there for mock up, missing the spindles ! anyone got sum? other parts are tracked down and on the way!
Attachments
rear delara.JPG
rear delara end.JPG
middle delara.JPG
front delara.JPG
jayhurrikane
1/4 scale GOD

Post by jayhurrikane »

wcm super modified getting skelly rear ! this car is new virgin!!!
Attachments
wcm4.JPG
wcm3.JPG
wcm 2.JPG
wcm 1.JPG
jayhurrikane
1/4 scale GOD

Post by jayhurrikane »

i have wonder that too but further research and the jeron knockoffs are on point , seen many race cars where the knockoff ears are as big.
jayhurrikane
1/4 scale GOD

Post by jayhurrikane »

the ram horns i guess its a cost cutting measure 4 instead 7 , the bulge is interesting never looked at that? maybe casting material or maybe like you said there for support dunno? as far as parts i had a conversation wit gary its not cost effective to keep parts and the engines evolve and change for the better and tying up resources in old parts is not economical from a business view, but i agree should have parts but ....
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

Dan, always live by one rule... Only make what you are willing and happy to keep. That way, if you sell any, its a bonus. LOL
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
jayhurrikane
1/4 scale GOD

Post by jayhurrikane »

ok here it is!! the phoenix arrow! not as bad in condition as i thought! next break down and redo! then park it next to phoenix arrow suprmod! also note the little knockoffs havent seem em before one is good the other missing an ear ! need to find it!
Attachments
phoenix2.JPG
phoenix1.JPG
jayhurrikane
1/4 scale GOD

Post by jayhurrikane »

hey can you find out if hes willing to trade for a regular set ,cash or just one ?
need a least one :shock: